Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Dave Gray <sa...@outlook.com> on 2013/11/15 18:31:21 UTC

Problem with chart legends pon Windows 8

I have a flex app that has been running for over a year and works fine with
IE (pre Windows 8), Firefox & Chrome. However in Windows 8 with the built-in
Flash support I get a formatting issue with legends for charts.
I have an HBox that  contains a PieChart and Legend. The PieChart is the
dataProvider for the Legend. Normally the Legend displays as a vertical list
(as expected) and appears beside the chart. In Windows 8 the Legend attempts
to display as a single long line which causes the chart to shrink to a dot
and causes addition of a scroll bar for the long string.
Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
Thanks.

DatagridColumn Sorted not work

Posted by raghav kulshrestha <ra...@firmwisegroup.com>.
Hi All,
	I am facing issue of datagrid header not sorted on header click
according numberic values and string.
Any one tell me how it is possible

Thanks
Raghav Kulshrestha
Senior Flex Developer

Re: DatagridColumn Sorted not work

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
You're going to need to post an example of it to help you trouble shoot
it.  My guess is the default sorting that it chose for the column didn't
match the datatype that was being used.

You could try to use the new gridColumn.sortCompareType [1] method to force
a specific comparison type if you would like [2].

[1]
http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/collections/SortFieldCompareTypes.html
[2]
http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/collections/SortFieldCompareTypes.html

-Mark

Re: Problem with chart legends pon Windows 8

Posted by Dave Gray <sa...@outlook.com>.
Sure. I was just wondering if it was a known issue with a known solution
before digging in.
Thanks.

Re: Problem with chart legends pon Windows 8

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Could be an issue with IE 11.  You could try building some simple
ActionScript-only projects that don't use Flex and see if you get the same
differences.

Posted by Dave Gray <sa...@outlook.com>.
OS is Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
What browser and version, and what flash player version?  Go to
flashplayerversion.com and post the results.