Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike Wong <mi...@finepoint.com.hk> on 2007/01/22 10:38:54 UTC

How to adjust a Sales Order

Hi,

Is it possible to adjust a partial completed Sales order?

1) I created a sales order with 1 item which is "50pcs of Product A".

2) Then I received 40pcs into inventory

3) Then I create a shipment and have issued 40pcs from the inventory.

4) After I packed the shipment an invoice generated with that 40pcs

5) Now the customer wants to cancel the rest of the ordered items.

How can I change the order item to 40 and to complete the order?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Re: How to adjust a Sales Order

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
Mike,

Do you have a camera installed in my room or what? Your problems are exactly the same as mine!

There's currently a bug with the "Edit of Order Items" function. See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-431 .

Now, you might think as long as you don't handle promotional items, you can use the "Edit of Order
Items" function. Not so. There's another bug which I haven't had the time to write down as a clean
JIRA report. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-461 for my comments to a similar bug.

Tell you what. I'm currently very much in need of this function. Let's work together on this? You
can email me privately, or through this mailing list (the preferred channel for me).

Try editing an SO/PO (Sales Order or Purchase Order) for items without promotional items attached.
Tell me the errors you encountered, and I'll fix them.

To work around the OFBIZ-431 problem, you must expire (disable) all promotions:

1. Go to Catalog > Promos.

2. For every promotion, click on Edit > Stores (tab).

3. For each store that the promotion is tied to, expire it by putting in a past
    "Thru Date".

I've helped you get through the OFBIZ-431 problem. Please help me to debug the "Edit of Order
Items" function? Thanks in advance (TIA)!

Once again, welcome to the OFBiz mailing list!

Jonathon