Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Caspar MacRae <ea...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/04 19:40:32 UTC

Felix SCR for Declarative Services 1.2

Hello,

Is there a version of Felix SCR that works with OSGi 4.3.0?

My activate methods aren't being called as they're compiled against
org.osgi.service.component;version="[1.2,2)" and org.apache.felix.scr is
using org.osgi.service.component;version="[1.1,1.2)".  I can't (easily)
remove the dependencies on ComponentContext at the moment.

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.scr/1.6.1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.felix.scr-1.6.1-20120705.183852-4.jaris
also using 1.1 and I can't find anything newer.

Apologies if this is documented somewhere, I searched but did not find.

thanks,
Caspar

Re: Felix SCR for Declarative Services 1.2

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Caspar,

The SCR from the Felix trunk is compiled with compendium 4.3.
Can you recompile scr from trunk and do a test with it ?
I think it should work.

regards;
/Pierre

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
Not directly an answer for your question, but Equinox 3.8 DS does
implement 1.2 (it's the RI) and will run on Felix. You need to get the
o.e.equinox.ds, o.e.equinox.util and o.e.equinox.supplement bundles, I
believe.

However... why not just compile against
org.osgi.service.component;version=1.1? Are you actually using the new
1.2 features?

Regards,
Neil