Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cecilia Castillo <ca...@llnl.gov> on 2008/05/30 00:27:17 UTC

problem with properties files after upgrading to 2.1.2

After I upgraded to Struts 2.1.2, the execAndWait interceptor is
giving me problems.  If I use this intercepter as I had it configured
with Struts 2.0, then my ActionSupport classes cannot find their
properties files in the execute() method ...getText() gives me an
exception (they can find the properties files in the ActionSupport
constructor, however...getText() works fine in the constructor).  Can
someone tell me if there is something I need to do to configure this
interceptor differently with Struts 2.1.2?  The exception I get is below.

Thanks,
  Cecilia

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.LocalizedTextUtil.findText(LocalizedTextUtil.java:299)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProviderSupport.getText(TextProviderSupport.java:172)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.TextProviderSupport.getText(TextProviderSupport.java:87)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport.getText(ActionSupport.java:80)
	at
com.llnl.rhwmMVCBase.base.SpreadsheetActionSupport.getSheetTitle(SpreadsheetActionSupport.java:648)
	at
com.llnl.rhwmMVCBase.base.SpreadsheetActionSupport.addDateRunToSheetTitle(SpreadsheetActionSupport.java:317)
	at
com.llnl.rhwm.reports.BlendPlanMixedLiquidBetaReportAction.getReport(BlendPlanMixedLiquidBetaReportAction.java:63)
	at
com.llnl.rhwm.reports.BlendPlanCommonDispReqReportAction.execute(BlendPlanCommonDispReqReportAction.java:23)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:434)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:273)
	at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.BackgroundProcess$1.run(BackgroundProcess.java:57)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: problem with properties files after upgrading to 2.1.2

Posted by Eduardo Solanas <ed...@gmail.com>.
yeah i post the same problem before, i think its a bug :)