Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2012/07/04 06:29:18 UTC

Re: Hadoop Installation on Ubuntu

There's also BigTop distrubution that includes Hadoop
  https://incubator.apache.org/bigtop/

Also, it seems that 1.0.3 based stack in the binary form is available for
download from this site

    http://www.magnatempusgroup.net/ftphost/releases/latest/ubuntu/

Cos

Posted by Swathi V <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Adding to the response of Konstantin, please refer this wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/BIGTOP/how-to-install-hadoop-distribution-from-bigtop.html
also I have blogged about the same with all snapshots, tested on Ubuntu
11.04, have a look at the same :)
Blog URL:
http://femgeekz.blogspot.in/2012/06/hadoop-hangover-introduction-to-apache.html
BIGTOP makes everything easy :)