Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2003/01/21 05:19:00 UTC

release date and content [Re: [WSIF] 2.0 release branch (WSIF_2_0_BRANCH)]

Owen D Burroughs wrote:

>I agree we need a code freeze before the release but I think we (the active
>committers) need to agree if the time is now. Whilst Thursday has been
>mentioned as release day, I don't see the harm in delaying for a short
>period to sort out outstanding issues that people have. Obviously we don't
>want to continually put back the release but at the same time, I believe we
>can and should be flexible. We want a successful product, and I'm sure we'd
>all agree that quality plays a part in that. As such I vote +1 to a and b
>from Jeremy's note.

hi,

i have no problem with delaying release but we just need at some point
to do actual release.

the reason i have backed out Ant change as it was potentially very
disruptive, mainly done for performance reasons, *and* it was not in
release plan.

if we can have a discussion of what are consequence of this change and
we want release further delayed to test it  i am also fine with it (as
long as we agree upon and put the list of bug fixes into release plan)

however i was under impression that we wanted 2.0 release quite soon
that is then followed by next incremental releases in short time periods
(like 2.0.1 release).

this is community process and as WSIF developers we need to decide what
is the best for WSIF.

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr