Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sailaja Gadireddy <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 13:46:55 UTC

Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3

Hi Team,

We have a below setup for one of our application which was developed long
back.

Apache 1.3.x
Tomcat 4.0.3
Mod_webapp connector
Oracle 11.2.0.3

Now as Oracle has been moved to Exadata.. it is migrated to 11.2.0.4.

And the application is not able to connect to new DB using any of the
connection string.

I would like to know whether Tomcat 4 supports to new DB or not.

Please do let me know for further details.

Thanks & Regards,
Sailaja

Re: Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3

Posted by Michel Labarre <mi...@gmail.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 05/03/2015 13:23, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Sailaja Gadireddy [mailto:sailaja.gadireddy@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3
>
>> We have a below setup for one of our application which was developed long back.
>
> And irresponsibly not updated.
>
>> Tomcat 4.0.3
>
> That's over thirteen years old.  It's simply inexcusable to be running an app server that old with so many well-known security holes (to say nothing of the bugs and performance issues).
>
> Your best bet is to start testing your app on a current version of Tomcat.

And a supported version of httpd.

And a supported reverse proxy module.

Or, if you really want to continue running on 4.0.3, get out your cheque
book and pay for some professional services. [1]

Mark

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/SupportAndTraining

RE: Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Sailaja Gadireddy [mailto:sailaja.gadireddy@gmail.com]
> Subject: Issue with Apache Tomcat /4.0.3

> We have a below setup for one of our application which was developed long back.

And irresponsibly not updated.

> Tomcat 4.0.3

That's over thirteen years old.  It's simply inexcusable to be running an app server that old with so many well-known security holes (to say nothing of the bugs and performance issues).

Your best bet is to start testing your app on a current version of Tomcat.

 - Chuck