Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hornsby Peter <PH...@qinetiq.com> on 2001/10/23 17:51:09 UTC

Tomcat 3.2 and Saxon

Hi folks, newbie here, asking for help :-)

I'm having troubles using Tomcat 3.2 with Saxon.  My code imports the
following:

import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerException;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException;

However, Tomcat returns

2001-10-23 16:15:21 - Ctx( /nimoi ): Exception in: R( /nimoi +
/servlet/NimoiQue
ry + null) - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1451)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)
        at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
        at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:433)

        at
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Transf
ormerFactoryImpl.java:864)
....(more removed)

when I try and call

TransformerHandler handler = stfactory.newTransformerHandler(new
StreamSource(xslID));

>From within my code.  As far as I can see, it is a problem with Tomcat
being unable to find the right files.  Assuming the files are contained
within saxon.jar (any confirmation would be appreciated), moving a copy
of it to TOMCAT_HOME/lib would solve the problem...but unfortunately,
Tomcat won't even start up.  The other files in TOMCAT_HOME/lib are:

ant.jar
jasper.jar
servlet.jar
webserver.jar
xerces.jar

Any idea what I can do to solve the problem?

Also, is it possible to set JVM settings (specifically memory allocation
settings) for running within Tomcat?

Thanks for any and all help,
Pete

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.