Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/11/14 20:26:55 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Slider Incubating Release 0.60.0-incubating RC1

Hi

The updated RC1 release of slider is up for review and vote. Please
download and review it

all changes in this release are listed at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER/fixforversion/12327198/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel

Main changes since the RC0

   - fixed license problem
   - SLIDER-647: allocation requests not being satisfied when a cluster
   goes to labels
   (the default placement policy is now "lax", you can request "strict" on
   an application instance or component-by-component basis
   -
   - SLIDER-650 regression: local zk nodes not being deleted on instance
   destroy (well spotted Sumit!)

 Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source.

 artifacts at
http://people.apache.org/~stevel/slider/slider-release-0.60.0-incubating-rc1

 source at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-slider.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release-0.60.0-incubating-rc0

 PGP keys at
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=stevel@apache.org

  Build instructions at:
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/developing/building.html

    Vote will be open for 72 hours

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

-Steve

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Apache Slider Incubating Release 0.60.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

- performed a build
- got a clean run of the full functional test suite against an up to date Ambari generated cluster:

-  Full unit test run came up clean:

— Jon

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

verified licenses
ran test suite.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1

* Verified xsum/sigs
* Correct named files
* Checked LICENSE, NOTICE
* Ran unit tests

Was going to mention the need to include the SHA1 instead of the tag
name when passing up to incubator-general, but you beat me to it, Steve :)

- Josh

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
+ 1

- successfully downloaded tarball
- verified md5, sha signatures
- followed the steps in the "Getting Started" guide
http://slider.incubator.apache.org/docs/getting_started.html and
successfully did all the following
  * built slider package - mvn clean site:site site:stage package
-DskipTests
  * ran all tests successfully - mvn
-Dslider.conf.dir=src/test/clusters/offline/slider/ clean install
  * created HBase application package
  * made config changes as per the guide, created a cluster and
successfully started the HBase application using Slider

-Gour

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Modify the following to rc1,

wrote:

> Hi
>
> The updated RC1 release of slider is up for review and vote. Please
> download and review it
>

> all changes in this release are listed at:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER/fixforversion/12327198/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel
>
> Main changes since the RC0
>
>    - fixed license problem
>    - SLIDER-647: allocation requests not being satisfied when a cluster
>    goes to labels
>    (the default placement policy is now "lax", you can request "strict" on
>    an application instance or component-by-component basis
>    -
>    - SLIDER-650 regression: local zk nodes not being deleted on instance
>    destroy (well spotted Sumit!)
>
>  Note that this is a source only release and we are voting on the source.
>
>  artifacts at
>
> http://people.apache.org/~stevel/slider/slider-release-0.60.0-incubating-rc1
>
>  source at
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-slider.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/release-0.60.0-incubating-rc0