Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Eric Hauser <ew...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/16 02:55:49 UTC

.NET client

Hi,

I've ported the Java ZK client to .NET.  It's available for forking at
http://github.com/ewhauser/zookeeper/.  It is still in very early stages,
but all of the client tests that I have ported complete successfully - both
normal calls and watches are working successfully.  Some things to keep in
mind:

- It's not actively being used at the moment
- I have not had any chance to do any performance testing
- The API will definitely be changing.  I've ported watches over as is in
order to get everything working, but I'll be changing that to use events
instead to make it more .NET-like.
- There are not any asynchronous methods on the ZK client API -- async
method calls are easy to do .NET.  May add a wrapper for it at some point.

If there is any interest in having any part of my work go back into trunk,
I'm happy to sign the ASF release.  In particular, it would be nice if the
C# support I added to Jute made it back into the core code base.

Re: .NET client

Posted by Eric Hauser <ew...@gmail.com>.
I have not open a JIRA ticket yet.  All of my latest code is available in my
ZK fork on Github if you want it:

--
Eric Hauser
Cell: (317) 679-4766

Re: .NET client

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Eric, this is great. I've slated the change for 3.4.0, if you could
address the RAT issue (add license header), resubmit and someone will
review and work with you to get committed.

Thanks! And getting the client bindings would be great too.

Patrick

Re: .NET client

Posted by Ilya Haykinson <ha...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Chiming in here -- I think there's definitely a lot of interest in .NET
bindings. I've undertaken a port of Jute to .NET before as well, and got
about 50% of the way through before losing steam, so thank you for taking
the initiative to get it done!

-ilya

Re: .NET client

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.