Posted to users@camel.apache.org by bocamel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 19:43:02 UTC

Any harm of sending messages to a SEDA endpoint that is not started

I use a seda endpoint route to send out email alerts (using smtps inside the
route).  The easiest way I can turn off all email alerts is to leave this
seda endpoint unstarted (i.e. autoStartup="false").  I tested it and it does
work.  But I wonder if there is any harm in doing this (e.g. whether Camel
piles up the undeliverable messages somewhere :-). ).  Thanks!

RE: Any harm of sending messages to a SEDA endpoint that is not started

Posted by bocamel <jo...@gmail.com>.
So that is a no-no then. Thanks!

The messages are stored in-memory when using seda/vm

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM, bocamel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use a seda endpoint route to send out email alerts (using smtps inside
the
> route).  The easiest way I can turn off all email alerts is to leave this
> seda endpoint unstarted (i.e. autoStartup="false").  I tested it and it
does
> work.  But I wonder if there is any harm in doing this (e.g. whether Camel

> piles up the undeliverable messages somewhere :-). ).  Thanks!

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

  _____

below:

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Any-harm-of-sending-messages-to-a-SEDA-end
point-that-is-not-started-tp5753791p5753795.html

To unsubscribe from Any harm of sending messages to a SEDA endpoint that is
not started, click here
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscrib
e_by_code&node=5753791&code=am9obnp5aW5AZ21haWwuY29tfDU3NTM3OTF8Mjk3Mjc3MTQ4
> .

<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_view
er&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNa
mespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.No
deNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_ema
ils%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml> NAML

Re: Any harm of sending messages to a SEDA endpoint that is not started

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM, bocamel <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a seda endpoint route to send out email alerts (using smtps inside the
> route).  The easiest way I can turn off all email alerts is to leave this
> seda endpoint unstarted (i.e. autoStartup="false").  I tested it and it does
> work.  But I wonder if there is any harm in doing this (e.g. whether Camel
> piles up the undeliverable messages somewhere :-). ).  Thanks!

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus