Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mikeli <Mi...@finra.org> on 2015/10/16 11:37:36 UTC

Activemq export or save all messages from a queue with over 600K messages with a readonly account

Activemq export or save all messages from a queue with over 600K messages
with a readonly account.
Tried with activemq browse --amqurl tcp://url:port, but only able to browse
about 800 messages. I read one "can increase the limits, like
maxBrowsePageSize, maxPageSize", how can this be done on the client side
what variable or option to set before running activemq browse? Does it need
to be set in .activemqrc or where? Please advise.
Thanks.
Mike

Re: Activemq export or save all messages from a queue with over 600K messages with a readonly account

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
It's a broker-side option, set in activemq.xml; I'm not aware of any option
to set it from the client.

But whether you set it client-side or server-side, are you sure you want
to?  Browsing a topic requires all messages to be stored in memory
(simultaneously); are you sure your broker can hold them all?  Why are you
trying to archive 600k messages?