Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2002/03/25 22:54:14 UTC

Rolling appenders

Hello,

I have recently looked at the org.apache.log.output.io.rotate package
of Avalon LogKit. Their implementation is cleaner and more flexible than
our own RollingFileAppender or the DailyRollingFileAppender.

With the upcoming enhancement in the log4j config language we will
be able to support nested components in config files such as "strategies".

Is any one interested in "porting" the org.apache.log.output.io.rotate
package to log4j? If you are, then please remember to give full credit to
the original
authors even if you are just inspired by the code and do not copy it verbatim.

Just let me know.

--
Ceki
My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/