Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jim McNeill <Ji...@BTInternet.COM> on 2001/05/13 22:59:29 UTC

Installing under Windows 98

I don't know if I'm being a real masochist attempting this, but I have the
'Nusphere bundle'(Apache/ MySQL/ PHP) installed under Windows 98, and I'm
trying to get Velocity in the brew too - it looks great. I've downloaded the
zip and run build.bat - second attempt recommended I use the JDK for
JAVA_HOME rather than the JRE, third attempt gave me three "Out of
environment space" errors, then "No JAXP compliant XML parser found. See
http://java.sun.com/xml for the reference implementation".

I presume this is a prerequisite for the ANT install thingie. Before I get a
hernia trying to get that going, has anybody else been down this path before
and can give me a few tips?

Cheers Big Ears
Jim McNeill

RE: Installing under Windows 98

Posted by Jorge De Flon <ja...@yahoo.com>.
hello,

I DOwnloaded tomcat, edited some files (for debugging), changed the memory
requirements for the environment in several bats (in properties), and at
least tomcat worrked fine.
velocity dont worked (i think the cause is that I dont underestand it well
enough) [undefinded class exception]
but tomorrow i will try again..
i did not download apache (I think with tomcat you have everything you need)

good look.