Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/08/25 21:29:31 UTC

Online store SCA tutorial, was: Standard SCA scenarios

Answers at the bottom.

[snip]

Vinod Jessani wrote:

> Hi Jean-Sebastien,
> I'm using tuscany-sca-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT which I downloaded from
> the website on the pdf document.
> BTW, I'm able to run the calculator sample that's bundled with the
> download.
> How do we go about debugging these problems. Are there any trace settings?
>
> I'll try the 0.99 RC1 you've mentioned below -- btw, the site has a
> tar.gz file. Am hoping that after I unpack it on a W2K system(using
> cygwin tools) it will be still be usable (i.e. its not platform specific)

[snip]

> I built the sample in the pdf and tried running it but am having issues.
> Basically, when I launch the main program, I see the following o/p
> Added Servlet mapping: http://localhost:8080/ufs/*
> Added Servlet mapping: http://localhost:8080/Catalog
> Added Servlet mapping: http://localhost:8080/SCADomain/scaDomain.js
> Added Servlet mapping: http://localhost:8080/ShoppingCart
> Added Servlet mapping: http://localhost:8080/SCADomain/scaDomain.js
> store.composite ready for big business !!!
>
> Then when I try to launch, http://localhost:8080/ufs/store.html in a
> browser, I get the following:
> * HTTP ERROR: 404*
> NOT_FOUND
>
> RequestURI=/ufs/store.html
>
> /_Powered by Jetty://_/ <http://jetty.mortbay.org/>
>
> Any thoughts on how I can debug this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vinod

We now have a 0.99 RC2 distribution as well. It's available there:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/0.99-RC2/

Distributions are available in .tar.gz (Linux) and .zip (Windows) forms,
but the tar.gz distro should work on Windows as well.

The Online Store sample works with both RC1 and RC2.

The Tuscany runtime code only produces a few high level log messages for
significant events, there is no low level tracing in the code. We've
been discussing on this list how to enable some low level debug tracing
externally using AspectJ. We'll probably document how to do this some
time soon on the Tuscany Wiki (I thought that there was the beginning of
a doc but can't find it anymore on the Wiki).

In the meantime an example of how to trace with Aspectj is available there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/rfeng/aop-logging/

--
Jean-Sebastien