Posted to users@maven.apache.org by william bridges <wi...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 18:27:06 UTC

Specifying java.ext.dirs in MAVEN_OPTS

Hello,

Is it possible to specify a different java.ext.dirs for Maven to use? I am
getting a NoSuchAlgorithmExceptions when Maven is trying to download
dependencies over the internet. This is because it cannot find the jars
required by my java.security setup. If I move the required jars to the java
ext dir (i.e. %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext), everything works fine, but when I
try to add the ext dir using MAVEN_OPTS (i.e. set
MAVEN_OPTS=-Djava.ext.dirs=C:\myDir), then I still get the same error. I
tried adding it to MAVEN_OPTS and _JAVA_OPTIONS with no luck. Not sure if
this is just not possible.

I'm using Windows 7 and jdk1.7.0_25

Thanks in advance!
William