Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Mealling <mi...@neonym.net> on 2002/02/15 22:08:11 UTC

what overwrite my local-portlets.xreg file?

Ok, now that I've gotten things working I started experimenting with RSS feeds.
The documentation I've found says you can put the portlet-entries in all sorts
of places. I put them in feed_local.xreg but they were overwritten. I put
them in local-portlets.xreg and _that_ was overwritten. What gives?
Where do I put these so that jetspeed reads them and incorporates them?

-MM

Re: what overwrite my local-portlets.xreg file?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Michael,
Place your portlet entries in local-portlet.xreg, feed_xx.xreg is always
overwritten.  When jetspeed is shutdown, it writes the .xreg files.  If
you modified local-portlets.xreg and then shutdown BEFORE Jetspeed read
the file and placed the entries in memory, then the changes to
local-portlets.xreg would be lost.

Paul Spencer