Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> on 2008/07/01 14:20:25 UTC

Re: Potential regression with directory removal+rename

I hate to ask you to do more work, but: can you turn this into a
reproduction script that we can run with both 1.4.6 and 1.5?  That way
we don't have to ask you questions like "Update with what working
copy?", or "What version is the server?", etc.  We can just run the
script and see if it reproduces for us.  If it doesn't, then we start
looking at differences between your environment and ours.

See also http://subversion.tigris.org/bugs.html.

Thanks,
-Karl

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
Gabor Greif <ga...@mac.com> writes:
> So this is not a bug but a feature. Possibly tools/lto was clean in
> one of my setups and the re-add worked there.
>
> Sorry for bothering :-/

No problem, got you got it figured out :-).

-Karl

Re: Potential regression with directory removal+rename

Posted by Gabor Greif <ga...@mac.com>.
Am 01.07.2008 um 16:20 schrieb Karl Fogel:

> I hate to ask you to do more work, but: can you turn this into a
> reproduction script that we can run with both 1.4.6 and 1.5?  That way
> we don't have to ask you questions like "Update with what working
> copy?", or "What version is the server?", etc.  We can just run the
> script and see if it reproduces for us.  If it doesn't, then we start
> looking at differences between your environment and ours.

Hi Karl!

These commands seem to reproduce the case:

svn --version
mkdir scratchQuux
cd scratchQuux/
svn co -r52669 https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/tools
mkdir tools/lto/Release
echo stuff > tools/lto/Release/bar
svn up -r52922 tools/
cd -
rm -fr scratchQuux

Btw. this is failing on both 1.4.6 *and* 1.5 with a reason:

not all objects in tools/lto are versioned, so svn will leave those
behind.
Re-adding tools/lto will naturally fail.

So this is not a bug but a feature. Possibly tools/lto was clean in
one of
my setups and the re-add worked there.

Sorry for bothering :-/

Cheers,