Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Logan Barfield <lb...@tqhosting.com> on 2014/12/12 21:19:30 UTC

Network Traffic Statistics

Just a quick question about traffic statistics.

Currently there appear to be two ways to pull network statistics in an
advanced zone:

- listVirtualMachines
-> Returns networkkbsread & networkkbswrite

- listUsageRecords
-> Type 4: Bytes sent
-> Type 5: Bytes received

I assume both of these list the aggregate network traffic for each VM (both
public and between VMs on the same network).

My question is: Is there currently a way via CloudStack to pull only the
public network traffic for a given network (incoming and outgoing)?

The statistics gathering seems to use the NETWORK_STATS IPtables entries on
the VR, so I would think it could pull the traffic for just the public
interface.  Even better would be to pull the traffic for each public IP,
but that would be a bit more difficult I assume.

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting