Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Moritz Mack <mm...@talend.com> on 2022/04/26 16:51:17 UTC

[SURVEY] Deprecation of Beam AWS IOs v1 (Java)

Hi Beam AWS user,

as you might know, there’s currently two different versions of AWS IO connectors in Beam for the Java SDK:

  *   amazon-web-services  [1] and kinesis [2] for the AWS Java SDK v1
  *   amazon-web-services2 (including kinesis) [3] for the AWS Java SDK v2

With the recent release of Beam 2.38.0 [4] amazon-web-services2 has reached feature parity with version 1 and we encourage users to give it a try if you haven’t done so.

I’m reaching out to see if there’s any blockers, difficulties or other obstacles preventing users from migrating to version 2.

Maintaining multiple versions of the same IOs is obviously painful.
Based on your feedback, we hope to then deprecate the earlier version with one of the next few Beam releases.

Best,
Moritz

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/java/io/amazon-web-services
[2] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/java/io/kinesis
[3] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/java/io/amazon-web-services2
[4] https://beam.apache.org/blog/beam-2.38.0/

As a recipient of an email from Talend, your contact personal data will be on our systems. Please see our privacy notice. <https://www.talend.com/privacy/>

Re: [SURVEY] Deprecation of Beam AWS IOs v1 (Java)

Posted by David Hollands <da...@bbc.co.uk>.
+1

Thanks, David
+1 to deprecate AWS Java SDK v1 connectors in the next Beam release.

—
Alexey

http://www.bbc.co.uk

Re: [SURVEY] Deprecation of Beam AWS IOs v1 (Java)

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.