Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Mylonas <ch...@mrvoip.com.au> on 2010/09/01 03:38:33 UTC

No tapestry pages available in deployment

Howdy,

Seems like a simple mistake in my config - Where should I be looking?
I've just deployed into testing an application and can't get tapestry pages to come up.

A hint (or answer) would be greatly appreciated -

It's an ear deployed on jboss-4.2.3, context path is vltest

11:32:27,571 INFO  [EJB3Deployer] Deployed: file:/Users/chris/Documents/_17_Software/_13_JBoss/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/all/tmp/deploy/tmp8925637803076123353vlchris.ear-contents/vlchrisPersistence.jar
11:32:27,606 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/vltest, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp8925637803076123353vlchris.ear-contents/vlchris-exp.war/

11:32:27,848 INFO  [RegistryBuilder] Adding module definition for class org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.services.TapestryIOCModule
11:32:27,969 INFO  [RegistryBuilder] Adding module definition for class org.apache.tapestry5.services.TapestryModule
11:32:28,097 INFO  [RegistryBuilder] Adding module definition for class org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.InternalModule
11:32:28,709 INFO  [ComponentClassResolver] Available pages:
      ExceptionReport: org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.ExceptionReport
PropertyDisplayBlocks: org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.PropertyDisplayBlocks
   PropertyEditBlocks: org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.PropertyEditBlocks
        ServiceStatus: org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.pages.ServiceStatus

Cheers
Chris

Re: No tapestry pages available in deployment

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@mrvoip.com.au>.
http://osdir.com/ml/users-tapestry-apache/2009-05/msg00366.html

My directory layout still needs some massaging obviously :)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: caught an exception while obtaining a class file for au.com.vltest.admin.web.pages.voicemail.VMAccounts

Thanks - no more to add to this thread from me :)
Chris

On 01/09/2010, at 12:41 PM, Chris Mylonas wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer Thaigo - tapestry has made my pages available (got my own coding to deal with now!)
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
> 	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
>
> root cause
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/antlr/runtime/CharStream
> 	java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
> 	java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
> 	java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:1459)
>

>> Your AppModule wasn't loaded. Make sure your TapestryFilter name in web.xml matches your Tapestry-IoC module (app <=> AppModule, foo <=> FooModule, etc).
>
> I was reading about Tapestry-IoC over the weekend.  Will have to read some code to understand to a better degree what you've described, and more importantly, using it to add my own services.
>
> However, for the unwashed and future newbies, here was my problem.
>
> 1.  I was moving an app out of jumpstart into a different directory structure as my preferred layout (also with the use of ant dependencies, rather than maven).
> 2.  web/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml  had these values
>
>       <web-app>
>           <display-name>tutorial1 Tapestry 5 Application</display-name>
>           <context-param>
>               <!-- The only significant configuration for Tapestry 5, this informs Tapestry
>                    of where to look for pages, components and mixins. -->
>               <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
>               <param-value>org.apache.tapestry5.tutorial</param-value>
>           </context-param>
>           <filter>
>               <filter-name>app</filter-name>
>               <filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter</filter-class>
>           </filter>
>           <filter-mapping>
>               <filter-name>app</filter-name>
>               <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>           </filter-mapping>
>       </web-app>
>
> which had the wrong param-value.  The corrected web.xml looks like this which matches my workspace au.com.vltest.admin.web (where tapestry components/pages/mixins go)
>
>       <web-app>
>           <display-name>VL Test</display-name>
>           <context-param>
>               <!-- The only significant configuration for Tapestry 5, this informs Tapestry
>                    of where to look for pages, components and mixins. -->
>               <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
>               <param-value>au.com.vltest.admin.web</param-value>
>           </context-param>
>           <filter>
>               <filter-name>app</filter-name>
>               <filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter</filter-class>
>           </filter>
>           <filter-mapping>
>               <filter-name>app</filter-name>
>               <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>           </filter-mapping>
>       </web-app>
>

> Cheers
> Chris

Chris Mylonas - Consulting Systems Administrator
Communications, Internetworking, Software Design & Prototyping
Free & Open Source Software - www.opencsta.org

Re: No tapestry pages available in deployment

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@mrvoip.com.au>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 22:38:33 -0300, Chris Mylonas <ch...@mrvoip.com.au>
wrote: