Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 11:01:20 UTC

TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

I’ve made some more progress. We’re down to 5 failures and 1 error:
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.OperationTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 47, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 5.002 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.GeneralFunctionsTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 36, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 3, Time elapsed: 2.409 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.CrossContainerTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.033 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AllParaAttributeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 1.947 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.TabTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 19, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.713 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AllContAttributeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.794 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.EventOverrideTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 12, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 12, Time elapsed: 0.374 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AccessibilityMethodsTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.158 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.FactoryImportTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.013 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AllEventTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 13, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 0.729 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.BoundsAndAlignmentTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 6, Time elapsed: 0.274 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.TextFlowEditTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.178 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.ContainerTypeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 22, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.436 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.FloatTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 56, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 21.313 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AttributeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 44, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 1.778 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.FlowModelTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 23, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 15.267 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.ElementOperationTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 25, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 1.772 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.WritingModeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 13, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.549 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.UndoRedoTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.040 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.ScrollingTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 15, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 4.430 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.BoxTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 13, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.116 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.AllCharAttributeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 27.738 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.ContainerAttributeTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 31, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time elapsed: 78.049 sec
 [flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.CompositionTest
 [flexunit] Tests run: 24, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 17.595 sec
 [flexunit] Results :
 [flexunit] Tests run: 428, Failures: 5, Errors: 1, Skipped: 41, Time elapsed: 184.707 sec

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harbs,

It's even better - In jenkins build we do not have these 1 error :)

Great job!

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. :-)

I’m not getting that error any more, so I guess there’s no need.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Harbs,

This is another huge thing which I have to implement in our TLF tests -
configuration for every test case.

Logic for reading configuration for tests was bind with some UI
functionality (It was tree where you could choose which tests should be
launched) - I have removed everything and left only basic configuration - As
you could see in EventOverrideTest we don't have properties
TestData.eventOverride or TestData.overrideEditManager.

It could be my next step after SDK release. - Add tests configuration from
flex-tlf\test\testCases\.

I think we have enough from our TLF side to for this release. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Erik,

I have just tried on Windows with Java 1.8 and I don't have any errors...

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I have a feeling there might be a some-times bug here.

There seems to be a difference between different machines on arrow behavior which might be why the arrow test is failing for you.

Please try the following:
Place your cursor in the beginning of a text flow line (it should not matter which one) and hit the up arrow key. Does the cursor move to the beginning or end of the previous line?

For me it moves to the beginning of the line, but for one of my QA folks, it moves to the end of the line. Since it’s not failing for me, I’m having trouble debugging…

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Ah, lemme look...

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Harbs,

When I ran the tests with Java 1.8 on my Mac (Yosemite), I still see failures:

[flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.GeneralFunctionsTest
[flexunit] Tests run: 36, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time
elapsed: 3.603 sec
[flexunit] Suite: UnitTest.Tests.ContainerAttributeTest
[flexunit] Tests run: 31, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 2, Time
elapsed: 170.805 sec
[flexunit] Tests run: 428, Failures: 3, Errors: 0, Skipped: 20, Time
elapsed: 252.987 sec

On 1.6 all is well!

EdB

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hacked together a solution for this. I’m not sure if there’s a nicer way to do it. Feel free to fix it up...
>
> After my last commit, we are down to 20 ignored tests total.
>
> It would be great if someone could check the one test that’s failing on the CI server. It’s passing on my machine, so I’m not sure what’s wrong there. If there’s no easy way to fix that test, we can set it to ignore again, but it looks like a good test to have.
>
> On Dec 31, 2014, at 11:22 PM, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Piotr, I have a question:
>>
>> I’m looking at the EventOverrideTest.
>>
>> The old tests look like they were run via xml like this:
>> <TestCase functionName="keyDownDerivedTest">
>>       <TestData name="overrideEditManager">true</TestData>
>>       <TestData name="flash">false</TestData>
>>       <TestData name="fileName">empty.xml</TestData>
>>       <TestData name="tb_rtl">false</TestData>
>>       <TestData name="rl_ltr">false</TestData>
>> </TestCase>
>>
>> These values were different for the different test cases.
>>
>> How is TestData.overrideEditManager supposed to be set on a case-by-case basis in the current setup?
>>
>> There’s also a variable called TestData.eventOverride. I’m not sure how that;’s supposed to be set.
>>
>> On Dec 31, 2014, at 12:36 AM, piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Harbs,
>>>
>>> Congratulations! You are absolutly the best! :)
>>>
>>> Do you still want me to look into tests ordering?
>>>
>>> Piotr
>>>

>>> -----
>>> Apache Flex PMC
>>> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
>>> --

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Piotr, I have a question:

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Could someone take a look at AllParaAttributeTest? It’s passing on my local machine, but failing on the ci server. I’m not sure what’s going wrong there.

If we can get that test to consistently pass that would be nice…

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Could someone take a look at the error on the CI server? The TLF build is passing, but there’s some kind of Java error:

ERROR: Publisher hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver aborted due to exception
java.io.IOException: remote file operation failed: <http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-tlf/ws/> at hudson.remoting.Channel@174ea1b:flex_sdk_slave2: java.io.IOException: Failed to read <http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-tlf/ws/bin/apps/asTestApps/bin/AliceScroll.swf>
Is this really a JUnit report file? Your configuration must be matching too many files

I’m clueless as to what this means…

Harbs

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Whoopee!

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yep Only one error left.
I see some new errors, after last build we should see in
${output.dir}/apps/automation_apps/bin
reports with unit tests results.

Is it problem with file write ? Anyone know ?

[flexunit] Tests run: 428, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 42, Time
elapsed: 592.169 sec
 [flexunit]

BUILD FAILED
c:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-tlf\build.xml:312: FlexUnit tests failed during
the test run.

Total time: 13 minutes 44 seconds
Build step 'Invoke Ant' marked build as failure
Recording test results
ERROR: Publisher hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver aborted due to
exception
java.io.IOException: remote file operation failed:
c:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-tlf at
hudson.remoting.Channel@174ea1b:flex_sdk_slave2: java.io.IOException: Failed
to read
c:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-tlf\automation_tests\src\UnitTest\Tests\ContainerAttributeTest.as
Is this really a JUnit report file? Your configuration must be matching too
many files
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:977)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:959)
	at hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitParser.parseResult(JUnitParser.java:90)
	at
hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver.parse(JUnitResultArchiver.java:120)
	at
hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver.perform(JUnitResultArchiver.java:137)
	at
hudson.tasks.BuildStepCompatibilityLayer.perform(BuildStepCompatibilityLayer.java:74)
	at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:770)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:734)
	at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.post2(Build.java:183)
	at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:683)
	at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1784)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:89)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:240)

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Ok. I will have some time on Saturday or Sunday and will try to look into
that.

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
It did not help.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Put it in the WritingModeTest

[TestCase(order=1)]
public class WritingModeTest

I haven't ordered unit test classes yet, so this is only my guess, whether
this help.

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
That goes in WritingModeTest.as or in AllTestsSuite.as?

(I still have no clue how these tests are working internally. It makes me very uncomfortable to be working with them as “black boxes”…)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
The order the tests are run seems to have nothing to do with the order of variables or alphabetical order.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Jup, that last commit took care of that "problem" ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I got:

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Java 1.8:

Tests run: 428, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 42, Time elapsed: 257.348 sec

Java 1.6:

Tests run: 428, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Skipped: 42, Time elapsed: 500.364 sec

EdB

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, I just made another commit. The only real error left seems to be an Operation test error where a new span is being inserted into a Link element rather than being inserted after it.
>
> On Dec 30, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, but how do we change the order in AllTestsSuite? I want to move WritingModeTest to the top.
>>
>> Changing the order of the variables does not seem to do anything.
>>
>> On Dec 30, 2014, at 11:51 AM, piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Harbs,
>>>
>>> Yes you can order items in your unit test class. Take a look [1]
>>>
>>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexUnit+Order
>>>
>>> Piotr
>>>

>>> -----
>>> Apache Flex PMC
>>> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
>>> --

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
It sounds like a timing issue…

I’ll see what I can do about tracking it down.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
It passes when I run the TabTest alone.
It seems to be testing for a Flash Player bug rather than a TLF bug and the current test does not seem to be doing anything:

            //the long string value is the correct test data.  Since this is a Player bug, we can't check in the correct test data until Player fixes the bug.
            //Need to remove the comment to check in the correct test data once Player fixes the bug.
            tlf.tabStops = "e700 e269";
            //tlf.tabStops = "e700 e269.1499999999998";

I think we can safely ignore this test.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Another question:

One of the other failing tests is this one:

        [Test]
        public function bindableSpan():void
        {
            // Bindable span should not lose its formatting
            var textFlow:TextFlow = new TextFlow();
            var paragraph:ParagraphElement = new ParagraphElement();
            var span1:SpanElement = new SpanElement();
            var span2:SpanElement = new SpanElement();
            var format:TextLayoutFormat = new TextLayoutFormat();
            format.fontWeight = FontWeight.BOLD;
            span2.format = format;
            paragraph.mxmlChildren = [ span1, span2 ];
            textFlow.mxmlChildren = [ paragraph ];
            textFlow.flowComposer.addController(new ContainerController(new Sprite()));
            textFlow.flowComposer.compose();		// force normalize
            assertTrue("Spans should not be merged!", span2.parent == span1.parent && paragraph.numChildren == 2);
            assertTrue("Formatting on second span should be preserved!", span2.fontWeight == FontWeight.BOLD);
        }

span2 is removed from the paragraph when the flow is normalized. Can anyone explain why empty spans should not be merged when they are normalized?

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Question:

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: TLF status was: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Flex 4.14.0

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.