Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nemson De Leon <nd...@javtech.com> on 2003/05/07 23:13:48 UTC

JMeter Inquiry

Hi,

	I am just new to JMeter.  I just would like to ask what's the maximum number of request(HTTP Request) can a single thread group(w/ just one user) can handle?  Will I lost some data if for example I had recorded scripts that gets all of them stored under just one thread group?  What would you recommend?  Is it better to have multiple thread groups that take samples of the tested webpage? or under one thread group but multiple logic controllers that controls some set of those test?

Thanks,
NJ

Re: JMeter Inquiry

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
There isn't really a limit on how many requests you can put under a single
threadgroup.  Memory creates a limit at some point, but shouldn't be an
issue.

When you talk about either putting multiple controllers under one threadgroup
or separating them amongst many threadgroups, you really aren't talking
about equivalent things.  Multiple controllers in multiple threadgroups will run
simultaneously.  Multiple controllers under one threadgroup will run
sequentially (for each thread in that threadgroup, that is).  So, it depends on
what behavior you want.

I do highly recommend organizing well-defined test cases with the controllers,
so that you can move whole test case scenarios about with ease.  Then,
whatever you decide - in parallel or sequentially - will be easy for you to setup.

-Mike

On 7 May 2003 at 17:13, Nemson De Leon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I am just new to JMeter.  I just would like to ask what's the maximum
number of request(HTTP Request) can a single thread group(w/ just one user)
can handle?  Will I lost some data if for example I had recorded scripts that
gets all of them stored under just one thread group?  What would you
recommend?  Is it better to have multiple thread groups that take samples of
the tested webpage? or under one thread group but multiple logic controllers
that controls some set of those test?

> Thanks,
> NJ

Michael Stover