Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2015/04/19 18:34:16 UTC

Publishing to Docker Hub

Hi all,

to run Fortress tests on Jenkins against OpenLDAP withing an docker
contatiner I'd need to push an image to docker hub [1][2].

I can do do that under my personal account. But I think it would make
sense to create an "apachedirectory" organization (well I already did
but I can undo) so other developers can manage repositories there.

However I wonder if there are any legal restrictions when publishing
images to such an "official" organization?

For now I just want to push a preconfigured OpenLDAP image to simplify
running Fortress tests. Maybe later we want to publish "official"
ApacheDS or Fortress images.

My questions:
* Should we have an docker hub orgization "apachedirectory"?
* Are there any restrictions what we publish there?
* Should we have a vote for any image we publish there? (I think yes)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] https://hub.docker.com/
[2] https://registry.hub.docker.com/

Re: Publishing to Docker Hub

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
I tend to agree. We can always revert the direction.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-