Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Eleanore Jin <el...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/06 01:02:22 UTC

Export user metrics with Flink Prometheus endpoint

Hi all,

I just wonder is it possible to use Flink Metrics endpoint to allow
Prometheus to scrape user defined metrics?

Context:
In addition to Flink metrics, we also collect some application level
metrics using opencensus. And we run opencensus agent as side car in
kubernetes pod to collect metrics (opencensus agent talks to task manager
container via rpcs)

The issue with this approach is: it looks like opencensus agent keeps
staled metrics, causing the metrics reporting inaccurate, and this project
is not actively maintained anymore.

So I wonder if it is possible to use Flink metrics endpoint for user
defined metrics.

Thanks a lot!
Eleanore

Re: Export user metrics with Flink Prometheus endpoint

Posted by Eleanore Jin <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aljoscha,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Best,