Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by mt...@apache.org on 2011/11/15 07:37:12 UTC

svn commit: r1202058 - in /tomcat/trunk/bin: catalina.bat catalina.sh configtest.sh digest.sh setclasspath.bat setclasspath.sh shutdown.sh startup.sh version.sh

Author: mturk
Date: Tue Nov 15 06:37:12 2011
New Revision: 1202058

Log:
Make sure .bat and .sh files have executable property set

Modified:
    tomcat/trunk/bin/catalina.bat   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/catalina.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/configtest.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/digest.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/setclasspath.bat   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/setclasspath.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/shutdown.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/startup.sh   (props changed)
    tomcat/trunk/bin/version.sh   (props changed)

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/catalina.bat
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/catalina.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/configtest.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/digest.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/setclasspath.bat
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/setclasspath.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/shutdown.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/startup.sh
    svn:executable = *

Propchange: tomcat/trunk/bin/version.sh

Re: svn commit: r1202058 - in /tomcat/trunk/bin: catalina.bat catalina.sh configtest.sh digest.sh setclasspath.bat setclasspath.sh shutdown.sh startup.sh version.sh

Posted by Mladen Truk <mt...@apache.org>.

> It is useless to set executable bit on the files in source tree. They
> should not be run from there, but from build/bin. Does Ant preserve
> executable bit when copying the files?

If you are building on unix or with cygwin's ant then yes.
Anyhow, I just made sure things are consistent. Some files
had and some didn't have exec bit set. So in the end it
can be either way if its consistent.

Regards
--
^TM

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/15 Mladen Truk <mt...@apache.org>:
> On 11/15/2011 07:43 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>
>> On 11/15/2011 12:37 AM, mturk@apache.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Author: mturk
>>> Date: Tue Nov 15 06:37:12 2011
>>> New Revision: 1202058

>>> Log:
>>> Make sure .bat and .sh files have executable property set
>>
>> This could be a silly point, but .bat files do not carry a shebang
>> line. Is this really sensible from any actual environment?
>>

> Yes if you use cygwin.
> It does some weird ACL settings depending if 775 is set or not
> when using cygwin's unzip.

It is useless to set executable bit on the files in source tree. They
should not be run from there, but from build/bin. Does Ant preserve
executable bit when copying the files?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by Mladen Truk <mt...@apache.org>.