Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Dechery <cd...@superig.com.br> on 2003/03/14 16:27:04 UTC

user auth not working

I just downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.1.8 in WinXP.

At a certain point in the install process, it asked me for an admin password, I chose my most basic pwd... then after the install was over, I tried to go to the admin page... that window with username and pass showed up, I entered both username and pwd correctly and it doesn't work..

I went to \conf and looked into tomcat-users.xml, everything is fine... the auth simply doesn't seem to work, maybe it's a problem with XP... I don't know..

anyone has a clue on this one??

thanks

.:| Christian Dechery
.:| Web/Java Developer