Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at> on 2013/01/25 13:41:58 UTC

special characters in gadget specification

Hi!

Whenever I use special characters (umlauts) in gadget specifications,
shindig gives me this:

WARNING [AbstractSpecFactory] Beim Aktualisieren von
http://10.168.162.10:8380/emcs/gadget/specs/quickStart.xml ist ein Fehler
aufgetreten. Es wird stattdessen eine zwischengespeicherte Version
verwendet.

Which means an error occurred on loading specification, a cached version
will be used.

This error comes from AbstractSpecFactory line 234. The exception (that
is not shown in the logs btw.) is this:

org.apache.shindig.gadgets.spec.SpecParserException:
  org.apache.shindig.common.xml.XmlException:
  The entity "ouml" was referenced, but not declared.

The reason for the error seems to be the use of an umlaut ("ö" and "ü")
in the title of the gadget:

  <ModulePrefs title="persönliches Menü">

Using "&uuml;", "&#252;" or "&amp;uuml;" doesn't bring me any further.

I couldn't find anything useful searching the net, so my question is: is
this a restriction of the specification or a bug in shindig (or the used
XML parser).

regards,
- martin

Re: special characters in gadget specification

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Hi again!

On 28 Jan 2013, Wei CSDL Shi wrote:
> I tried your module prefs <ModulePrefs title="persönliches Menü"> in
>
> /shindig-project/content/samplecontainer/examples/ActivityStreams/ActivityStreamGadget.xml
>
> <Module>
> 	<ModulePrefs title="persönliches Menü">
> 		<Require feature="opensocial-0.9"/>
> 		<Require feature="osapi"/>
> 		<Require feature="dynamic-height"/>
> 	</ModulePrefs>
>
> It renders well in Shindig test page:
> /samplecontainer/examples/commoncontainer/index.html
>

> Are you using the latest build of Shindig?

When I run the demo on tomcat this works for me, too. My application
requires JBoss 5 and JBoss 5 ships with old versions of Xerces and
xml-apis. So the problem is very likely to come from this libs and not
from shindig itself.

Thank's for you help so far,

Posted by Wei CSDL Shi <sh...@cn.ibm.com>.
Hi Martin,

I tried your module prefs <ModulePrefs title="persönliches Menü"> in

/shindig-project/content/samplecontainer/examples/ActivityStreams/ActivityStreamGadget.xml

<Module>
	<ModulePrefs title="persönliches Menü">
		<Require feature="opensocial-0.9"/>
		<Require feature="osapi"/>
		<Require feature="dynamic-height"/>
	</ModulePrefs>

It renders well in Shindig test page:
/samplecontainer/examples/commoncontainer/index.html

Are you using the latest build of Shindig?

Thanks
Best Regards

Marshall Shi

From:	Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>
To:	dev@shindig.apache.org,
Date:	2013/01/25 20:47
Subject:	special characters in gadget specification

[...]

[附件 "signature.asc" 被 Wei CSDL Shi/China/IBM 删除]