Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com> on 2015/04/24 20:15:29 UTC

NuGet version

Sounds a good idea. So the NuGet spec for 0.11 release will end up as

<version>0.11.0</version>

Thanks,
Julia

>From Markus:

This would be OK to discuss on the devel list ?

The semver spec treats all strings after the `-` as pre-releases. Hence, if we have `0.11.0-incubating`, that would be viewed as a pre-release of `0.11.0`, which it really isn't. Hence, maybe we can have the `incubating` string in the project title? For instance, replace

<title>Org.Apache.REEF.All</title>

With

<title>Org.Apache.REEF.All (incubating)</title>

We could also optionally add a note on incubation to the <description> tag.

Markus
>From Julia:
In NuGet spec:

Current snapshot version
<version>0.11.0-SNAPSHOT-92</version>
After remove -SNAPSHOT-X, release version would be
<version>0.11.0</version>

We didn't put incubation, shall we?

Here is the version in pom file
<version>0.11.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
Should release version like?
<version>0.11.0-incubating</version>

I think ideally we should use this for snapshot release
<version>0.11.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.xx</version>
And this one for release
<version>0.11.0-incubating</version>

Buy currently we don't use "-incubating" in the nugget. Looks like it was because the name of Nuget file is too long.

Thanks
Julia