Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Igor <ig...@4friends.od.ua> on 2013/02/22 17:17:03 UTC

Q on schema migratins

Hello

Cassandra 1.0.7

Some time ago we used secondary index on one of  CF. Due to performance
reasons we dropped this secondary index after while. But now, each time
I add and bootstrap new node I see how cassandra again build this
secondary index on this node (which takes huge time), and when  index is
built it is not used anymore, so I can safely delete files from disk.

How can I avoid this secondary index building on node join?

Thanks for your answers!

Re: Q on schema migratins

Posted by Igor <ig...@4friends.od.ua>.
On 02/22/2013 07:47 PM, aaron morton wrote:
>>  dropped this secondary index after while.
> I assume you use UPDATE COLUMN FAMILY in the CLI.

yes

>> How can I avoid this secondary index building on node join?
> Check the schema using show schema in the cli.

I see no indexes for CF in show schema/

> Check that all nodes in the cluster have the same schema, using
> describe cluster in the cli.
> If they are in disagreement see this
> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#schema_disagreement

yes, all nodes agreed on single schema version.

Re: Q on schema migratins

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.