Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Shafik <gs...@optusnet.com.au> on 2002/02/25 21:42:15 UTC

J2EE SDK 1.3.1 and Apache 1.3.12

Hi All,

Dose anyone know how to configure J2EE SDK 1.3.1 so that its integrated into
Apache 1.3.12, JSP/SERVLET calls are automatically directed to the
respective port without the port number 8000 or 8080 appearing in the URL
request.

Under Tomcat/Apache I do this by adding "mod_jk.so" to Apache, add the path
to tomcat_apache.conf file in Apache's httpd.conf file.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
George Shafik

Re: J2EE SDK 1.3.1 and Apache 1.3.12

Posted by George Shafik <gs...@optusnet.com.au>.
Thanks J�nos for the advice but all our environments are beta testing sites
when it comes to any of the free products like Apache, Tomcat ... etc.

Our commercial sites run WebSphere, WebLogic or  Oracle 8i/9i AS as the
webserver. What we are trying to do is bench mark Tomcat against the J2EE
SDK version and see how they compare in areas of stability,  scalability,
...  etc.

So it would be nice if someone can answer my contradiction:
> |Dose anyone know how to configure J2EE SDK 1.3.1 so that its
> |integrated into
> |Apache 1.3.12, JSP/SERVLET calls are automatically directed to the
> |respective port without the port number 8000 or 8080 appearing in the URL
> |request.

Regards,
George Shafik

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
Hi,

I feel there's a slight contradiction here. Apache in front of a Java
Webserver is usual in production environments. Sun OTOS discourages anyone
from using the J2EE Reference (!) Implementation in production. Why would
you use Apache with SunRI?

Cheers,
János

|Dose anyone know how to configure J2EE SDK 1.3.1 so that its
|integrated into
|Apache 1.3.12, JSP/SERVLET calls are automatically directed to the
|respective port without the port number 8000 or 8080 appearing in the URL
|request.
|
|Under Tomcat/Apache I do this by adding "mod_jk.so" to Apache, add the path
|to tomcat_apache.conf file in Apache's httpd.conf file.
|
|Many thanks in advance.
|
|Regards,
|George Shafik

|--