Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Aurélien DEHAY <ad...@zorel.org> on 2004/12/06 22:17:42 UTC

Persist user «sessions» with cookie

Hello.

I'm wondering how to persist users informations. Not really the session
(in the httpSession meaning, but only the authentication of the user).
My main question is how to make that in the sitemap?

The user will have a cookie, and the value of this cookie will be stored
in the database. What is the best way to do?

Doing a match on the cookie in the sitemap and then do a internal
redirect to the requested page?

Doing an action and putting it on every map:match?

Or... ?

In short, how can I implement the behaviour we can see on a lot of
website, the little checkbox «remember me».

Rgds.

--
Aurélien