Posted to users@maven.apache.org by do...@emc.com on 2006/07/12 02:11:13 UTC

Site plugin and modules

I have a multi-module project. The modules POMs are inheriting from a
super-POM ( which is different from the aggregator POM ).

When I run the site plugin, the sites for aggregator POM does not list the
modules under the Modules section. If I change the module POMs to inherit
from the project POM, the modules show up.

Also, when the module POMs inherit from the super-POM, the module site is
deployed under the parent site and not the aggregator project site.

So, how do I get the modules to be deployed correctly, is there anything in
the project POM that needs to be configured differently?

Or, is this a practice that is frowned on?

 +-Parent
        +-pom.xml
 +-project
   +- module 1
            +-pom.xml  ( derives from parent\pom.xml )
   +- module 2
            +-pom.xml  ( derives from parent\pom.xml )
   +- pom.xml            ( the aggregator pom )

-Moiz

Re: Site plugin and modules

Posted by Lukasz Szelag <ls...@accoona.com>.
I have a similar problem where individual projects' POMs inherit from the
top-level not from the agregator. To be precise I have a top-level POM and a
number of parent POMs (that inherit from the top-level one). These parent
POMs correspond to various types of modules, i.e. EAR, WEB, JAR etc. which
in turn are inherited by projects' POMs. Parent POMs cannot be merged into
the top-level since they operate on different types of projects.

Re: Site plugin and modules

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
I think the question is really why are the modules not inheriting from
the aggregator, that is certainly normal.

The aggregator can inherit from the parent (or what you sometimes seem
to call super) if it is defaults that you are woried about inheriting.

The site plugin will always (if I observe correctly)  follow the
heirarchy of inheritance, not the heirarchy of your file system.

Andy