Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Eric Kelm <er...@vsgadmin.com> on 2005/10/20 18:53:38 UTC

1:n mapping update problem

I am having a problem with using a 1:N mapping in OJB. I have a main object,
ServiceTicket, which has multiple Note objects in a collection. When I
retrieve the ServiceTicket object, all the correct Note objects are in the
Vector notes, which is an attribute of the ServiceTicket. The problem comes
during an update. When I update the ServiceTicket, all new Notes are
inserted into the table, but the original Notes are still there.  So, if I
retrieve 2 Notes relating to ServiceTicket, when I update, I now have 4. I
am using the ODMG-API. Thanks for any help in advance.

Repository.xml snippet:

<class-descriptor
	class="com.xxx.xxxxxxxxx.businessobjects.ServiceTicketBO"
	table="service_tickets"
	isolation-level="read-uncommitted"

		<field-descriptor
			name="id"
			column="idSERVICE_TICKET"
			jdbc_type="INTEGER"
			primarykey="true"
            	access="readonly"
            	autoincrement="true"
		/>

		More field descriptors

		<collection-descriptor
			name="notes"
			element-class-ref=
			"com.
xxx.xxxxxxxxx.businessobjects.ServiceTicketNoteBO"
			proxy="false"
			auto-retrieve="true"
			auto-update="none"
			auto-delete="none"
			orderby="id"
			sort="ASC">
			<inverse-foreignkey field-ref="idServiceTicket" />
		</collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>
<class-descriptor
	class="com.xxx.xxxxxxxxx.businessobjects.ServiceTicketNoteBO"
	table="service_ticket_notes"
	isolation-level="read-uncommitted"

		<field-descriptor
			name="id"