Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2000/10/31 22:10:06 UTC

SSLSocketFactory.class missing in Tomcat 3.2b6

I'm not actually subscribed to this list, so, if you reply, please reply to
me directly.

I'm wondering if there is some reason that there is no
SSLSocketFactory.class included with the Tomcat 3.2b6 binary distribution?

I first ran into this problem with 3.2b2 and I would have thought that this
would have been noticed and corrected by now.

When I last dealt with this problem with 3.2b2, I was able to compile
SSLSocketFactory.java that was included with the binary distribution.

I guess it's just assumed that everyone that is using Tomcat doesn't mind
having to build it from source. IMHO, though, one shouldn't have to build
the system from source in order to get a functional system.

Jon