Posted to dev@twill.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/21 10:23:39 UTC

Counters

Hi,

getting more familiar with Twill, questions keep coming up.
For example: One of the great things about MapRed is Counters.
Is there a similar concept (yet) at Twill? Or do you recommend using Curator?

Thanks,

  Bernd

Re: Counters

Posted by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernd,

By "metrics report" I mean a way for TwillRunnable to emit metrics
(e.g. increment a named counter by n, which basically is Counter) and
have way to aggregate across all runnable instances of a given Twill
application.
Currently there is no such thing in Twill, but I think it is valuable
to have it.

Terence

Re: Counters

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Counters

Posted by Terence Yim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernd,

Is the counter concept that you talk about something like metrics
report? We've thought about it, but not yet implemented. Potentially