Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <gk...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2016/04/05 09:48:15 UTC

JSONRPC /Jackson: Jabsorb Integration to Fulcrum?

Hi,

Jackson is a very popular JSON mapping library (cft.
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson). Turbine currently has the Jabsorb
library (cft. https://code.google.com/archive/p/jabsorb/) integrated in
the JSON-RPC module, which has its own ser/deser mechanism.
To take advantage of Jackson mappings in Jabsorb/JSON-RPC, some things
have to be checked, but technically I think this could be done with very
little effort.
Jabsorb uses Core JSON API from json.org. On the other hand Jackson
serialization could easily be mapped to this by using the
Jackson-OrgJson-Module (library already provided, thanks to
https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-datatype-json-org). Jabsorb
serialization could then just be skipped. I would expect that performance
is at least the same.
To get to this point seems to be just a few lines of code, but the last
Jabsorb release number was 1.3.2 and the code is not maintained/actively
developed. Arthur Blake, last maintainer, told me (E-Mail Feb/15/2015),
that he doesn't expect any new releases.

The question is, how to release Jabsorb (currently 1.4-SNAPSHOT, Apache
2.0 license)?

Could/should we integrate jabsorb into Fulcrum giving it a new groupid? I
could release it otherwise with my own credentials.

There exist of course as an alternative more actively developed
Jsonrpc-projects, e.g. https://github.com/briandilley/jsonrpc4j.

Best regards, Georg

Re: JSONRPC /Jackson: Jabsorb Integration to Fulcrum?

Posted by Georg Kallidis <gk...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
the question could be postponed, as the actual reason, why I asked it -
the orgjson serialization-  is resolved. Jabsorb 1.3.2 does this job
already very well ("direct match" sync), which I missed at the beginning.

Unfortunately I could not find any tag 1.3.2 in the Git version control,
just 1.3, which seems not exactly right (original vc was hg).

As a result this means that actually there is no need to upgrade or
release version 1.4. Nonetheless the question might arise later as
considerable code changes are not yet released and further fixes might be
necessary.

Best regards, Georg