Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Foertschbeck, Frank" <Fr...@ssa.gov> on 2002/08/22 18:39:24 UTC

Newbie - Multiple XML Config Files

I searched the archives and didn't find anything that provided a definitive
answer, and the examples and documentation don't touch on it.

I created the following testing situation:
Created a class, LogTester, that takes two Strings for its constructor (xml
file path and logger name).  The newer version of log4j uses logger instead
of category.  The class 'initializes'  a logger (getLogger, DOMConfigurator,
...) based on the logger name string in the constructor.  The class also
contains methods for debug, warn, info, ...  I have two completely separate
applications with their own XML configuration files.  Within the
applications, I instantiate the LogTester class passing the relevant xml
file location.  When I run a test with the applications, everything appears
to work fine - both applications use their own configuration files and
output the results to the proper logs.  Am I missing anything, or is what I
doing workable (threads, resources, ...)?

Thanks