Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Manisha Rahatadkar <Ma...@AnjuSoftware.com> on 2021/12/14 15:00:33 UTC

Question Apache Solr 7.7.0, 8.7 and 8.9 - log4j vulnerability

Hello all

We are using  Apache Solr 7.7.0, 8.7 and 8.9 on Windows and Linux environment. What mitigation option do we need to take for this vulnerability?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Manisha

Confidentiality Notice
====================
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized view, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Anju Software, Inc. 4500 S. Lakeshore Drive, Suite 620, Tempe, AZ USA 85282.

Re: Question Apache Solr 7.7.0, 8.7 and 8.9 - log4j vulnerability

Posted by Vincenzo D'Amore <v....@gmail.com>.
When start Solr add to your env:

SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true"

--
Vincenzo D'Amore

Re: Question Apache Solr 7.7.0, 8.7 and 8.9 - log4j vulnerability

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.
You can download log4j at https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/download.html

When replacing the jar files, you will also need to restart your services.

Posted by Manisha Rahatadkar <Ma...@AnjuSoftware.com>.
Hello all

We are using  Apache Solr 7.7.0, 8.7 and 8.9 on Windows and Linux environment. What mitigation option do we need to take for this vulnerability?
Where to get the log4j2? Can we just replace the log4j* files in solr-8.7.0\server\lib\ext folder? Will it work?

https://solr.apache.org/security.html

[cid:image001.png@01D7F0CC.79E0F6E0]

Thank you in advance.

Regards