Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/01/04 11:16:24 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Frequently asked questions" by LukeVenediger

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by LukeVenediger:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Frequently_asked_questions

The comment on the change is:
Added information about how to find the logfiles.

    * [#secure_remote_server I use CouchDB on a remote server and I don't want it to listen on a public port for security reasons. Is there a way to connect to it from my local machine or can I still use Futon with it?]
    * [#slow_view_building Creating my view index takes ages, WTF?]
    * [#unicode_data Erlang has been slow to adopt Unicode. Is Unicode or UTF-8 a problem with CouchDB?]
+   * [#finding_the_logfiles Where are the Couchdb logfiles located?]

  If you have a question not yet answered in this FAQ please hit the edit button and add your question at the end. Check back in a few days, someone may have provided an answer.

@@ -158, +159 @@

  3) You are using Erlang release R11B (or 5.5.x). Update to at least R12B-3 (or 5.6.3).

+ [[Anchor(finding_the_logfiles)]]
+ == Where are the Couchdb logfiles? ==
+
+ * For a default linux/unix installation the logfiles are located here:
+  {{{
+ /usr/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log
+  }}}
+
+  This is set in the { { {default.ini} } } file located here:
+  {{{
+ /etc/couchdb/default.ini
+  }}}
+
+ * If you've installed from source and are running couchdb in dev mode the logfiles are located here:
+  {{{
+ YOUR-COUCHDB-SOURCE-DIRECTORY/tmp/log/couch.log
+  }}}
+
+  Read ["Running Couchdb in Dev Mode"] for more information.
+