Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by mohammed shambakey <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/16 23:49:33 UTC

variable url for remote process group

Hi

Is it possible to use variables for remote process group, as the remote
server IP is not known in advance? If not, the ONLY alternative for remote
communication will be HTTP processors (e.g., handlehttprequest/response)
instead of site-to-site, right?

Regards

--
Mohammed

Re: variable url for remote process group

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
The RPG URL can be edited after importing to the next environment, and it should be ignored when comparing against the flow in registry so it won’t be seen as a change that needs to be committed. So although you can’t use a variable, you should still be able to version control a flow with an RPG and just update the URL after deployment with a script.

Posted by mohammed shambakey <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammed,

As RemoteProcessGroup and underlying Site-to-Site protocol maintains
connectivity between client and server, it is not supported to change
remote endpoint dynamically. HTTP processors may work but it's not
cluster aware so you will need a Load balancer in front of those.

If the number of possible end points is limited, you can setup RPG for
each of those and use RouteOnAttribute to route FlowFiles to desired
RPG.

Thanks,
Koji