Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by neal <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/23 21:35:23 UTC

Tomcat SSL - Still not working.

Has anyone been able to get SSL to work correctly on Tomcat Standalone?

My Sys Admin and I have followed the instructions explicitly and its still
not working!

We have setup a URL for SSL (http://secure.hotel.us) and it works find via
HTTP.  BUT, when attempting to navigate to it via https, I get a "page can
not be displayed - cannot find server or DNS error".  Or if I try
https://secure.hotel.us:443 it will never come back with a page, but I at
least get the lock to appear on IE in the bottom-right corner.

Here's what I have for my SSL and non-SSL connectors in my server.xml file.
Could someone please tell me if there is an error here:

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 80 -->
            port="80"
		minProcessors="5"
		maxProcessors="75"
            enableLookups="true"
		redirectPort="443"
            acceptCount="10"
		debug="0"
		connectionTimeout="60000"/>

    <!-- Define an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->
            port="443"
		minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
            enableLookups="true"
	      acceptCount="10"
		debug="0"
		scheme="https"
		secure="true">

      <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
	      keystoreFile="/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01/bin/keystore.name"
            clientAuth="false"
		protocol="TLS"
		keystorePass="enlogica"/>

    </Connector>

Also, here's what I have for the secure.hotel.us virtual host:

      <Host name="secure.hotel.us" appBase="webapps/hotel">
          <Context path="" docBase="" debug="10"/>
      </Host>

Thanks.
Neal