Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/06/19 22:44:23 UTC

FREEZE ON CORE COMMITS

I have all of the test cases passing on the HADOOP-4687 branch. I'm
going to merge the last couple of commits from yesterday. Please hold
off from ANY commits until I give the all clear. I expect it to be
done by 5pm.

-- Owen

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Jun 22, 2009, at 6:50 AM, Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> Hi Owen,
>
> I am going to add lib/jsp-2.1 to the hdfs trunk, otherwise it breaks
> compilation of "ant package".

As a quick fix that is fine, but it should be fixed using Ivy. Please
file a Jira in HDFS and assign it to Nigel. And of course, this
discussion belongs on hdfs-dev. *smile*

-- Owen

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Owen,

I am going to add lib/jsp-2.1 to the hdfs trunk, otherwise it breaks
compilation of "ant package".

thanks,
dhruba

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Owen O'Malley wrote:
> All,
>   I have moved the repositories to their new locations. They are:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/trunk
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hdfs/trunk
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/mapreduce/trunk
>
> Please try them out and report back any problems.
ant binary on hdfs breaks (some lib missing)
eclipse-template missing in mapred (ant eclipse-files breaks)
Amar

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
I've filed a fix for the eclipse files (see HADOOP-6096), which I'd
like to commit soon, barring objections.

Tom

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Aaron Kimball<aa...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Any progress on this over the last few days? Did the
> infrastructure-dev team provide an ETA when git repos can be set up?
> I've got some work in the pipeline, would be great to clear the dust
> out of my development process and get back on track ;)

I sent email to Jukka and he has been on vacation this week. He will
try and set us up soon.

-- Owen

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
Any progress on this over the last few days? Did the
infrastructure-dev team provide an ETA when git repos can be set up?
I've got some work in the pipeline, would be great to clear the dust
out of my development process and get back on track ;)

Thanks!
- Aaron

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1 to Amr's jubilations :)
Any git users here know how this will affect git.apache.org? Will there now
be three repos there?

-Todd

Re: PROJECTS SPLIT

Posted by Amr Awadallah <aa...@cloudera.com>.