Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Pierre Sutra <pi...@unine.ch> on 2014/09/12 14:52:19 UTC

Partitioning ZooKeeper

Hello,

Our research group in dependable and distributed systems at the
University of Neuchâtel recently worked on state partitioning in
ZooKeeper. The resulting paper is available online [1], and It will be
presented at the IEEE SRDS'14 conference this October [2]. In this work,
we formulate specific conditions under which a distributed service is
partitionable. We introduce a general algorithm and apply it to
ZooKeeper, spliting the shared tree into multiple shards and allowing
concurrent access to them. The evaluation covers both BookKeeper and a
geo-distributed queuing service. We hope what this might interest you.
Do not hesitate to address us comments and/or questions.

Regards,
Pierre Sutra

[1] http://tinyurl.com/srds14zoofence
[2] www-nishio.ist.osaka-u.ac.jp/conf/srds2014