Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> on 2008/10/05 11:38:27 UTC

Re: svn merge revert commit adds files to the repo that aremissing in the wc

Ping?  There's a second patch[1] (later in the thread; sorry, don't have
the mail here) awaiting response.

Jojakim: please send patches as MIME attachments, or inline (but watch for
whitespace-eating mailers, in the latter case).  You can see below (or at [1])
how they look to most of us.  Many would not bother decoding the "attachment"
manually.

Thanks,

Daniel

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.devel/104483/focus=104834

Posted by Jojakim Stahl <jo...@jojakim.de>.
"Daniel Shahaf" <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> schrieb:
> Jojakim: please send patches as MIME attachments, or inline (but watch for
> whitespace-eating mailers, in the latter case).  You can see below (or at
> [1])
> how they look to most of us.  Many would not bother decoding the
> "attachment"
> manually.

Hello Daniel,

I'm using the mailing list via the gmane news-Reader interface; and outlook
express as the news-reader. I used "Answer newsgroup" and attached a .diff
file. Don't know whether M$s attachment handling is wrong, or it's gmane
that mangles up the attachment.

How are you, or others, using the list? To me, the threaded newsreader
interface is much more attractive than the flat mailing interface. Has
someone else experiences using the gmane news-interface?
Should I use another news-reader? Perhaps I should, 'cause Outlook Express 6
seems to have problems with some posts here. The mails from C. Michael
Pilato do not have any text in the body but two attachments, signature.asc
and ATT00028.txt, the latter containing the message text.

Do I have to post the patch again?

--
Jojakim

Re: svn merge revert commit adds files to the repo that aremissing in the wc

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Jojakim Stahl wrote on Mon, 6 Oct 2008 at 16:58 +0200:
> As Daniel asked, I resend the patch.

Thanks for resending.  This time the attachment was MIME, however it had
MIME type application/octet-stream instead of text/plain or similar.
(No need to resend again, though.)

Has this problem been fixed in trunk?  If not, feel free to attach the
patch to the relevant issue, so it doesn't get lost.

Thanks,

Daniel

Re: svn merge revert commit adds files to the repo that aremissing in the wc

Posted by Jojakim Stahl <jo...@jojakim.de>.