Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amitabh Dubey <du...@petris.com> on 2002/09/23 19:48:30 UTC

Poolman Configuration

Does anyone have poolman successfully configured. If so, please could you
post your poolman.xml. If you have used it with SQL Server, then that would
be perfect.

Thanks
Amitabh

Re: Poolman Configuration

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
Hi Amitabh,

A lot of folks seem to like Tyrex, but it may be overkill for you.
SourceForge has one project called Proxool, that may be useful.  The project
is active (released new version on 9/20/02), and seems well documented.

Search for "pooling" on www.sourceforge.net for a list of projects (many of
these are object pools not JDBC pools specifically).

I can't say personally, I haven't used either of these, though.

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.
I'm not sure what we have applies.  We use a tds implemenation that is
not provided by microsoft for the jdbc driver (www.inetsoftware.de).
All I've done is copy/paste the example config for dbcp and replace the
driver name/username/url etc with my own info and it all works good.

RE: Poolman Configuration

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Poolman Configuration

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Poolman is on sourceforge now.  I don't know if any active development
is occuring or not, but it runs extremely well for me.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Poolman Configuration

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.

RE: Poolman Configuration

Posted by Amitabh Dubey <du...@petris.com>.
Would you be able to tell me how i should tie poolman to tomcat.  this is
what my server.xml looks like
<ResourceParams name="SQLServerDS">
      <parameter>
        <name>validationQuery</name>
        <value></value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>user</name>
        <value>sa</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxWait</name>
        <value>5000</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxActive</name>
        <value>5</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>password</name>
        <value>sa</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>url</name>

<value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://dnas07:1113;DatabaseName=Northwind</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>com.codestudio.sql.PoolMan</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
        <name>maxIdle</name>
        <value>10</value>
      </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

But tomcat still seems to use the DBCP factory. What do i need to change in
the above code in order to make tomcat use poolman.

i neeed to have a module ready by end of the week and hence the hurry.

Thanks a ton
Amitabh

RE: Poolman Configuration

Re: Poolman Configuration