Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joe Junkin <jj...@datafree.com> on 2002/01/24 21:28:10 UTC

DataBreeze for MySQL/ModPerl/Apache

We have finally completed our initial public version of the DataBreeze
Web database system. It runs on Linux (or unix), Apache, Perl, ModPerl
and MySQL.

DataBreeze is written entirely in Perl and utilizes ModPerl within
Apache to speed performance. Feedback from the Perl/ModPerl/Apache
community is important. You may download the software for evaluation at
http://www.databreeze.com or simply logon and try DataBreeze directly
online.

The install process outlined in our examples utilizes two Apache Servers
with ProxyPass. Any comments or feedback on our demonstration install
would be welcome. I will offer a developer license to anyone that can
demonstrate a unique working DataBreeze system operating within the next
week.

DataBreeze is very different from typical development tools because it
utilizes a pre-built application framework that requires no programming.
DataBreeze provides a template environment for building database
applications that list, search, explore and edit relational data. The
system includes integrated menus, forms, tree-views, security,
session/state management and more, all in a Web Browser. DataBreeze can
also be extended through the use of Event programs using Perl.

DISCLAIMER: This is not free software but nothing is hidden, the
complete Perl source code is included so that you may explore how it
works.

Thanks,

Joe Junkin
DataFree Corporation
jjunkin@datafree.com
http://www.databreeze.com

Re: DataBreeze for MySQL/ModPerl/Apache

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Joe Junkin wrote:

> Feedback from the Perl/ModPerl/Apache community is important.
[snip]
> You may download the software for evaluation at
> http://www.databreeze.com

<title>DataBreeze Download</title>
<h2>Select the DataBreeze Code version you wish to download.</h2>

73,
Ged.