Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Christoph Reck <Ch...@dlr.de> on 2000/12/06 12:03:39 UTC

[BUG] comments inline after a set directive

Comments inline after a set directive is not yet possible.

If you add the following 2 lines to test/templates/comment.vm

#set $foo = "bar"  ## foo should be now same as bar
$foo

you will see that this is not yet possible (throws a NPE) and a
parser error in the log file:
Parser Exception: comment.vm : org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.ParseException: Encountered "\n" at line 35, column 5.

:I Christoph

Re: [BUG] comments inline after a set directive

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 12/6/2000 4:28 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > We are going to normalize the set directive :
> >
> > #set( expression )
> >
> > to look like other directives, and then deprecate the current #set over
> > time.
>
> Please do it sooner rather than later because more ppl are starting to use
> Velocity now.

My mission today then.

geir

Re: [BUG] comments inline after a set directive

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 12/6/2000 4:28 AM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:

> We are going to normalize the set directive :
>
> #set( expression )
>
> to look like other directives, and then deprecate the current #set over
> time.

Please do it sooner rather than later because more ppl are starting to use
Velocity now.

-jon

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Re: [BUG] comments inline after a set directive

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Christoph Reck wrote:

> Comments inline after a set directive is not yet possible.

I know :)  You mentioned it before and I wrote it down.  Currently, the
#set is to be kept alone on its own line.

We are going to normalize the set directive :

   #set( expression )

to look like other directives, and then deprecate the current #set over
time.

Then you can do whatever you want with it.  I will try to let ## tail a
#set when i do that fix.

geir