Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 23:57:22 UTC

My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List

1) I wish there was a way to order the Entity list in the sidebar so that
the DbEntity showed up just below the ObjEntity for each entity (or that
this was the default).

2) I wish the active tab selection was synchronized between the ObjEntity
editor pane and the DbEntity editor pane so that if I have selected the
Attributes tab on an ObjEntity and then switch to it's corresponding
DbEntity then the Attributes tab would still be selected.

Here's hoping for Santa.  :-)

John

Re: My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List

Posted by Tad <ta...@gmail.com>.
I'd add to the list the ability to select a subset of tables to
reverse-engineer.

My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thursday, December 22, 2011, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:
> On 23/12/11 9:57 AM, John Huss wrote:
>>
>> My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List
>>
>> 1) I wish there was a way to order the Entity list in the sidebar so that
>> the DbEntity showed up just below the ObjEntity for each entity (or that
>> this was the default).
>
> How would that work for models with multiple ObjEntities linked to the
same DbEntities? Would they appear twice?

I haven't done that before, but yes, I guess so.  Alternatively, a button
to switch to the DbEntity from the ObjEntity would work.

Re: My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Agreed - this can be quite useful. I had something similar on my wishlist too - more generally to be able to quickly jump between related Db and Obj entities, attributes, relationships and have a full entity view across Obj and Db layers.

Feel free to Jira.

Andrus

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 23/12/11 9:57 AM, John Huss wrote:
> My CayenneModeler Christmas Wish List
>
> 1) I wish there was a way to order the Entity list in the sidebar so that
> the DbEntity showed up just below the ObjEntity for each entity (or that
> this was the default).

How would that work for models with multiple ObjEntities linked to the same DbEntities? Would they appear twice?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis