Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Nathaniel Braun <n....@criteo.com> on 2015/06/01 18:14:33 UTC

Need hostname for use in appConfig.json

Hi everyone,

We are currently working on the configuration files with Kerberos principals in them, and it turns out that the Kerberos principal is linked to the hostname, so we need it.

What we would like to do is something like that:

1.       In appConfig.json

Set the global hostname: "site.global.hostname": "${THIS_HOST}"

2.       In our default httpfs-site configuration file:

Read that value using the following piece of code:

For this to work, we need the THIS_HOST variable to work in the appConfig.json file.

How can we achieve such a feature?

Thanks & regards,
Nathaniel

Re: Need hostname for use in appConfig.json

Posted by Nathaniel Braun <n....@criteo.com>.
Yes exactly.

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Nathaniel Braun <n....@criteo.com>.